Anyone who knows me knows that I am a HUGE Taylor Swift fan. She’s so classy and a fantastic role model for young women. Her lyrics (she writes all of her own music) are beyond amazing. Over the past year she has gained a huge following thanks to the release of her first pop album 1989, but she has been singing about break ups and make ups since the release of her first album in 2006.
1. “don’t you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine” – Ours, Speak Now
This lyric is one of my absolute FAVORITES. I absolutely love that Taylor tells us all to forget about the haters and live your life. I always tell my readers one of my mottos “you do you” and now even the queen herself is telling us too.
2. “the best people in life are free” – New Romantics, 1989
In this line Taylor describes how awesome truly genuine people are. The best relationships in life are ones that are easy and come naturally.
3. “we’re happy, free, confused, and lonely in the best way” – 22, Red
This line perfectly describes the feeling that most young adults including myself experience when they’re content with life, yet also yearning for something better.
4. “baby I could build a castle out of all the bricks they’ve thrown at me” – New Romantics, 1989
Taylor doesn’t shy away from calling out the haters and that is one of my favorite things about her. I absolutely love this line because it perfectly describes the moment of success when you decide that the mean girls don’t matter.
5. “I’ve never heard silence quite this loud” – The Story of Us, Speak Now
Taylor never fails to describe all of our feels, and she hit this one spot on. I love this for the times when saying nothing, says it all.
6. “the more I think about it, the less I know” – All You Had to do Was Stay, 1989
When you overthink a situation, it often just ends up confusing you more. Sometimes it’s better to just let it go.
7. “he’s close to my mother, talks business with my father” – The Way I Loved You, Fearless
I absolutely adore this line (and this song) because in it Taylor describes my #relationshipgoals.
8. “I bet you got pushed around, somebody made you cold, but the cycle ends right now cause you can’t lead me down that road” – Mean, Speak Now
This line let’s everyone know that they can phase you. Taylor tells her audience that they are strong and independent women who have control over their lives.
I hope that y’all are able to relate to Taylor Swift just like I am. She’s absolutely fabulous and nothing compares to seeing her live. Taylor Swift is definitely a perfect example of a girl who always lives on the Sparkly Side.