Close your eyes. Now, take a minute and think about all the things you’re thankful for. The things that immediately come to mind are probably big things such as family, friends, shelter, health, and safety. With that being said, there are many small things in life that just make the world a little better. Often times, these small joys in life go unnoticed. These are the things that make the bad days better and the great days fantastic. I’m going to share a list (in no particular order) of some of these wonderful little things that make life that much sweeter.
- Fresh Flowers
- Girl Scout Cookies
- Snow Days
- Dancing Like No One Is Watching
- Free Wifi
- Fuzzy Socks
- Christmas Lights
- Laughing So Hard It Hurts
- Fast Internet
- New Car Smell
- Knowing Every Word To A Song
- Summer Camp
- Having Time to Yourself
- Fresh Starts
- The Beach
- Warm Hugs
- Winged Eyeliner
- A Freshly Made Bed
- The Royal Family
- Handwritten Letters
- Waking Up And Realizing You Still Have Time To Sleep
- Chocolate Fountains
- Eating Your Favorite Meal
- Spending All Day In Your Pajamas
I encourage you all to take an extra minute today to reflect on all the simple joys that make your life better.
Recently, my awesome friends at the Seventeen Social Club sent me some new foundation. It is a new product by L’Oreal Paris called Infallible Pro – Matte Foundation. I absolutely fell in love with this product and will definitely be using it in the future. This foundation has medium coverage and a demi-matte finish.
This product is so awesome because :
- The color matched my skin almost perfectly, which doesn’t happen often.
- The foundation is very light and airy on my skin.
- It isn’t cakey and applies smoothly.
- It is matte and does an excellent job at covering oil and shine.
- This product is extremely long-lasting and looks fantastic all day long.
You can read more reviews about this product by checking the hashtag #iaminfallible on Twitter and Instagram.
Blake Lively is a fashion icon. I first fell in love with Blake during her role as Serena on the CW’s hit show, Gossip Girl. Since her Hollywood debut, Blake has always impressed fans and critics alike with her amazing sense of style. Recently, she began her company Preserve (preserve.us) that sells hand crafted goods from artisans across the world. Preserve also has a section called “Blake’s Closet” in which shoppers can score some of Blake’s favorite pieces.
Today I will be sharing my some of my favorite looks by Lively.
Blake rocked this beautiful dress by one of her go-to designers, Gucci at the Cannes opening ceremony in May of 2014.
This beautiful Michael Kors mini dress is so eye cathing and the scalloped bottom adds a bit of fun and flirtiness to the look. Her adorable pink pumps and headband tied together this look that she wore to the CFDA Fashion Awards in June of 2014.
Lively wore this Zuhair Murad dress in LA to the premier of the Savages in June of 2012. This look is so glamourous and her loose waves and red lipstick complimented the dress perfectly.
In 2010, Blake wore this Marchesa dress to Fashion’s Night Out : The Show. I love how her she really let the dress shine and is wearing minimal accesories.
This Gucci gown is my favorite look on Blake. The yellow really works on her and I love her turquoise accesories. Her loose fishtail braid adds to the bohemian and relaxed vibe of the dress.
Seventeen Social Club and Sally Hansen recently hooked me up with some awesome new nail polish. It is called Insta – Dri and I used the color “Ablazing.” This color is so bright and happy. I love how this quick drying polish gave me a picture perfect manicure. My nails were done drying in just sixty seconds. This polish is an absolute must have for girls like myself who are constantly on the go and don’t want to wait around for their nails to dry. A manicure is one of my favorite ways to add a pop of color to an otherwise boring outfit or to brighten up any outfit. A bright manicure in a color such as “Ablazing” is the perfect way to make a statement. I highly reccomend this polish to anyone who is looking for a quick and long lasting manicure.
We all know the feeling… the one that comes when you realize that it’s only Tuesday night and you still have to get through the rest of the week. Well, instead of dwelling on this feeling, it is much more beneficial to focus on the positives in life and move forward. I thought that I would share some of my favorite quotes and pieces of inspiration that help me get through the mid-week slump.
all images are courtesy of pinterest.com
I hope these quotes will help you finish out the week strong because you’re all fabulous.
1) Your best friend will always listen to what you have to say, and have a perfect response.
2) She is always down for a night of staying in, eating ice cream, and re-watching Gossip Girl on Netflix.
3) Your best friend will always be your biggest cheerleader,and they want the absolute best for you. (this one is a bonus if your best friends actually are cheerleaders, like mine)
4) She isn’t afraid to tell it like it is, and help you make the best decision.
5) You’ll never have to go through anything alone because you know she’ll be right beside you doing whatever you need her to do.
6) She can never stay mad at you because you have important things to tell each other.
7) Your best friends don’t need to be impressed, they have seen you at your worst and love you anyways.
8) She will let you vent, but tell you when you’re obsessing and help you get over it.
9) Best friends know what you’re feeling before you can even say it.
10) Best friends are the best because they love you unconditionally. Best friends just get “it.”
I am so thankful for the best friends in my life